Canadian Baby May Be First to Be Registered Without a Gender

Canadian Baby May Be First to Be Registered Without a Gender

A Canadian baby, Searlyn Atli, may be the first baby to be identified as neither male or female on their health card. One of the baby’s parents is Kori Doty, a non-binary transgender person, and Doty is asking that their 8-month old child have its gender omitted from the birth certificate. Currently, the baby has a “U” for sex. The “U” could stand for unassigned, according to the BBC. Doty told the CBC they want to raise “Searyl in such a way that until they have the sense of self and command of vocabulary to tell me who they are.” Dotty continued. “I’m recognizing them as a baby and trying to give them all the love and support to be the most whole person that they can be outside of the restrictions that come with the boy box and the girl box.” Reflecting back on when Doty was a child, Doty said “When I was born, doctors looked at my genitals and made assumptions about who I would be, and those assignments followed me and followed my identification throughout my life. Those assumptions were incorrect, and I ended up having to do a lot of adjustments since then.” Doty said the authorities have not issued the child a birth certificate without a gender included, due to the gender dispute, so Doty has applied for a judicial review of the...
UBER CEO RESIGNS Company’s founder Travis Kalanick steps down

UBER CEO RESIGNS Company’s founder Travis Kalanick steps down

by Fox News FILE: Uber CEO Travis Kalanick gestures as he addresses a gathering during a conference of start-up businesses in New Delhi,  (Reuters) Uber founder Travis Kalanick resigned Wednesday as CEO after pressure from investors. The company’s board confirmed the move, saying in a statement that Kalanick is taking time to heal from the death of his mother in a boating accident “while giving the company room to full embrace this new chapter in Uber’s history.” He will remain on the Uber Technologies Inc. board. Five of the company’s key investors on Tuesday demanded that he resigned, according to The New York Times, which first reported Kalanick’s decision to step down. The demand came in a letter titled “Moving Uber Forward.” “I love Uber more than anything in the world and at this difficult moment in my personal life I have accepted the investors request to step aside so that Uber can go back to building rather than be distracted with another fight,” Kalanick reportedly said in a statement to the Times. The resignation came after a series of costly missteps under Kalanick. Uber on Tuesday embarked on a 180-day program to change its image by allowing riders to give drivers tips through the Uber app, something the company had resisted under Kalanick. The San Francisco-based company is trying to reverse damage done to its reputation by revelations of sexual harassment in its offices, allegations of trade secrets theft and an investigation into efforts to mislead government regulators. Related: keystone-state-boom-first-coal-mine-under-trump-praised-as-lifeline Uber’s board said in a statement that Kalanick had “always put Uber first.” Related: john-flannery-named-chairman-and-ceo-of-ge Under Kalanick, Uber has...
Tropical Storm Cindy may bring ‘life-threatening’ flooding across Gulf Coast – North Carolina rip currents leave four people dead

Tropical Storm Cindy may bring ‘life-threatening’ flooding across Gulf Coast – North Carolina rip currents leave four people dead

by Fox News By Travis Fedschun This satellite image taken Tuesday, June 20, 2017, and released by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration shows Tropical Storm Cindy over the Gulf of Mexico approaching the Gulf Coast.  (NOAA via AP) Tropical Storm Cindy formed Tuesday in the Gulf of Mexico, and may bring “life-threatening flash flooding” across the central Gulf Coast, according to forecasters. The National Weather Service said the storm is centered about 250 miles south of Morgan City, Louisiana and has top sustained winds of 45 mph. The storm is presently stationary in the Gulf, and has tropical-storm-force winds extending outward up to 205 miles from the center, according to the NWS. Cindy, the third tropical storm of 2017, is expected to reach the Louisiana coast sometime late Wednesday and then move inland over western Louisiana and eastern Texas on Thursday. Tropical Storm Warnings associated with #Cindy now extend from the Mouth of the Pearl River to San Luis Pass, Texas. https://t.co/tW4KeGdBFb pic.twitter.com/sfQHbGHeso — NHC Atlantic Ops (@NHC_Atlantic) June 20, 2017 The storm is expected to bring 6 to 9 inches of rain in areas, and up to 12 inches in some spots across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Florida Panhandle through Thursday. The weather service said the rain “could cause life-threatening flash flooding in these areas” in its latest advisory. Related: tornado-damages-homes-downs-power-lines-in-oklahoma-town–fox-news-weather-center- A tropical storm warning is now in effect from High Island on the upper Texas coast all the way to the mouth of the Pearl River at the state line of Louisiana and Mississippi. A tropical storm watch is in effect elsewhere on the Texas coast, from west of...
Navy jet shoots down Syrian warplane that attacked US-backed rebels – Iran launches strikes against ISIS in Syria

Navy jet shoots down Syrian warplane that attacked US-backed rebels – Iran launches strikes against ISIS in Syria

by Fox News A U.S. Navy F/A-18E Super Hornet launches from the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS George W. Bush  (USS George W. Bush on Facebook) A U.S. Navy fighter jet shot down a Syrian government warplane after it attacked Washington-backed fighters near ISIS’ de facto capital of Raqqa, the U.S.-led coalition said Sunday. In a statement, the coalition headquarters in Iraq said that a F/A-18E Super Hornet shot down a Syrian Su-22 that had dropped bombs near positions held by the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF). The statement said coalition aircraft had “conducted a show of force” to turn back an attack by Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad’s forces on the SDF in the town of Ja’Din, south of Tabqah. Related Image This undated photo shows an F/A-18E Super Hornet on board the USS George H.W. Bush in the Mediterranean Sea  (Twitter/U.S. Department of Defense) The coalition said the shootdown took place “in accordance with rules of engagement and in collective self-defense of Coalition partnered forces.” Related: travel-ban-challengers-urge-us-top-court-to-reject-trump-appeal The statement said “a number of SDF fighters” were wounded in the regime’s attack, but did not specify further. The coalition also said that Russian officers had been contacted on a special “de-confliction” hotline in an effort to halt the assault. “The Coalition’s mission is to defeat ISIS in Iraq and Syria,” its statement said. “The Coalition does not seek to fight Syrian regime, Russian, or pro-regime forces partnered with them, but will not hesitate to defend Coalition or partner forces from any threat.” Related: st-louis-judge-halts-removal-of-confederate-monument The statement went on to call for all parties in Syria’s complex and bloody six-year-long civil...
TRAGEDY AT SEA US Navy identifies sailors pulled from USS Fitzgerald

TRAGEDY AT SEA US Navy identifies sailors pulled from USS Fitzgerald

by Fox News The U.S. Navy identified Sunday seven sailors who were lost aboard the USS Fitzgerald after a Japanese merchant vessel struck the warship miles off the coast of Japan. The U.S. Navy’s 7th Fleet identified the deceased sailors as: Gunner’s Mate Seaman Dakota Kyle Rigsby, 19, from Palmyra, Va. Yeoman 3rd Class Shingo Alexander Douglass, 25, from San Diego, Calif. Sonar Technician 3rd Class Ngoc T Truong Huynh, 25, from Oakville, Conn. Gunner’s Mate 2nd Class Noe Hernandez, 26, from Weslaco, Texas Fire Controlman 2nd Class Carlosvictor Ganzon Sibayan, 23, from Chula Vista, Calif. Personnel Specialist 1st Class Xavier Alec Martin, 24, from Halethorpe, Md. Fire Controlman 1st Class Gary Leo Rehm Jr., 37, from Elyria, Ohio Related Image From top left to right, Personnel Specialist 1st Class Xavier Alec Martin, 24, from Halethorpe, Maryland, Yeoman 3rd Class Shingo Alexander Douglass, 25, from San Diego, California, Gunner’s Mate Seaman Dakota Kyle Rigsby, 19, from Palmyra, Virginia, and Fire Controlman 2nd Class Carlos Victor Ganzon Sibayan, 23, from Chula Vista, California. From bottom left to right, Sonar Technician 3rd Class Ngoc T Truong Huynh, 25, from Oakville, Connecticut, Gunner’s Mate 2nd Class Noe Hernandez, 26, from Weslaco, Texas, and Fire Controlman 1st Class Gary Leo Rehm Jr., 37, from Elyria, Ohio.  (U.S. Navy via AP) Related: travel-ban-challengers-urge-us-top-court-to-reject-trump-appeal The bodies were found in previously flooded compartments, including sleeping quarters. Searchers gained access to these spaces that were damaged during the collision and brought the remains to Naval Hospital Yokosuka, the Navy said Saturday. The USS Fitzgerald was back at its home port in Yokosuka Naval Base south of Tokyo...
PYONGYANG TORTURE? Warmbier’s injuries renew focus on infamous camps

PYONGYANG TORTURE? Warmbier’s injuries renew focus on infamous camps

by Fox News Otto Warmbier’s injuries renew focus on North Korea’s infamous torture camps Otto Frederick Warmbier (C), a University of Virginia student who was detained in North Korea, is taken to North Korea’s top court in Pyongyang, North Korea, in this photo released by Kyodo March 16, 2016.  (REUTERS/Kyodo ) The case of American student Otto Warmbier, who sustained serious injuries while he was detained in North Korea, is renewing the focus on the horrors that prisoners face in North Korea’s infamous torture camps. Officials at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where Warmbier is being treated, said that while there is no physical evidence he was beaten, his “extensive loss of brain tissue” suggests he likely lost blood supply to his brain for a period of time. OTTO WARMBIER, FREED BY NORTH KOREA IN A COMA, TO ARRIVE IN HOMETOWN CINCINNATI FOR URGENT MEDICAL CARE Related: breaking-news–mistrial-declared-in-bill-cosby-sexual-assault-case-after-jury-in-deadlock How that happened is up for debate, but after a seemingly healthy 22-year-old college student winds up with severe brain damage shortly after being sentenced to 15 years of labor, some experts are inclined to remind people about the kinds of brutality that regularly occur in North Korea’s infamous camps. Related: trumps-cuba-directive-explained Otto Warmbier, a 22-year-old college student detained and imprisoned in North Korea, is carried off of an airplane at Lunken Airport in Cincinnati on Tuesday, June 13, 2017.  (Sam Greene/The Cincinnati Enquirer via AP) Graphic video footage of what are reportedly interrogations at North Korean camps reveal that prisoners are bound at the hands as they are subjected to whatever cruelties the guards feel like inflicting. And, according to some...