Canadian Baby May Be First to Be Registered Without a Gender

Canadian Baby May Be First to Be Registered Without a Gender

A Canadian baby, Searlyn Atli, may be the first baby to be identified as neither male or female on their health card. One of the baby’s parents is Kori Doty, a non-binary transgender person, and Doty is asking that their 8-month old child have its gender omitted from the birth certificate. Currently, the baby has a “U” for sex. The “U” could stand for unassigned, according to the BBC. Doty told the CBC they want to raise “Searyl in such a way that until they have the sense of self and command of vocabulary to tell me who they are.” Dotty continued. “I’m recognizing them as a baby and trying to give them all the love and support to be the most whole person that they can be outside of the restrictions that come with the boy box and the girl box.” Reflecting back on when Doty was a child, Doty said “When I was born, doctors looked at my genitals and made assumptions about who I would be, and those assignments followed me and followed my identification throughout my life. Those assumptions were incorrect, and I ended up having to do a lot of adjustments since then.” Doty said the authorities have not issued the child a birth certificate without a gender included, due to the gender dispute, so Doty has applied for a judicial review of the...
Tropical Storm Cindy may bring ‘life-threatening’ flooding across Gulf Coast – North Carolina rip currents leave four people dead

Tropical Storm Cindy may bring ‘life-threatening’ flooding across Gulf Coast – North Carolina rip currents leave four people dead

by Fox News By Travis Fedschun This satellite image taken Tuesday, June 20, 2017, and released by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration shows Tropical Storm Cindy over the Gulf of Mexico approaching the Gulf Coast.  (NOAA via AP) Tropical Storm Cindy formed Tuesday in the Gulf of Mexico, and may bring “life-threatening flash flooding” across the central Gulf Coast, according to forecasters. The National Weather Service said the storm is centered about 250 miles south of Morgan City, Louisiana and has top sustained winds of 45 mph. The storm is presently stationary in the Gulf, and has tropical-storm-force winds extending outward up to 205 miles from the center, according to the NWS. Cindy, the third tropical storm of 2017, is expected to reach the Louisiana coast sometime late Wednesday and then move inland over western Louisiana and eastern Texas on Thursday. Tropical Storm Warnings associated with #Cindy now extend from the Mouth of the Pearl River to San Luis Pass, Texas. https://t.co/tW4KeGdBFb pic.twitter.com/sfQHbGHeso — NHC Atlantic Ops (@NHC_Atlantic) June 20, 2017 The storm is expected to bring 6 to 9 inches of rain in areas, and up to 12 inches in some spots across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Florida Panhandle through Thursday. The weather service said the rain “could cause life-threatening flash flooding in these areas” in its latest advisory. Related: tornado-damages-homes-downs-power-lines-in-oklahoma-town–fox-news-weather-center- A tropical storm warning is now in effect from High Island on the upper Texas coast all the way to the mouth of the Pearl River at the state line of Louisiana and Mississippi. A tropical storm watch is in effect elsewhere on the Texas coast, from west of...
TRAGEDY AT SEA US Navy identifies sailors pulled from USS Fitzgerald

TRAGEDY AT SEA US Navy identifies sailors pulled from USS Fitzgerald

by Fox News The U.S. Navy identified Sunday seven sailors who were lost aboard the USS Fitzgerald after a Japanese merchant vessel struck the warship miles off the coast of Japan. The U.S. Navy’s 7th Fleet identified the deceased sailors as: Gunner’s Mate Seaman Dakota Kyle Rigsby, 19, from Palmyra, Va. Yeoman 3rd Class Shingo Alexander Douglass, 25, from San Diego, Calif. Sonar Technician 3rd Class Ngoc T Truong Huynh, 25, from Oakville, Conn. Gunner’s Mate 2nd Class Noe Hernandez, 26, from Weslaco, Texas Fire Controlman 2nd Class Carlosvictor Ganzon Sibayan, 23, from Chula Vista, Calif. Personnel Specialist 1st Class Xavier Alec Martin, 24, from Halethorpe, Md. Fire Controlman 1st Class Gary Leo Rehm Jr., 37, from Elyria, Ohio Related Image From top left to right, Personnel Specialist 1st Class Xavier Alec Martin, 24, from Halethorpe, Maryland, Yeoman 3rd Class Shingo Alexander Douglass, 25, from San Diego, California, Gunner’s Mate Seaman Dakota Kyle Rigsby, 19, from Palmyra, Virginia, and Fire Controlman 2nd Class Carlos Victor Ganzon Sibayan, 23, from Chula Vista, California. From bottom left to right, Sonar Technician 3rd Class Ngoc T Truong Huynh, 25, from Oakville, Connecticut, Gunner’s Mate 2nd Class Noe Hernandez, 26, from Weslaco, Texas, and Fire Controlman 1st Class Gary Leo Rehm Jr., 37, from Elyria, Ohio.  (U.S. Navy via AP) Related: travel-ban-challengers-urge-us-top-court-to-reject-trump-appeal The bodies were found in previously flooded compartments, including sleeping quarters. Searchers gained access to these spaces that were damaged during the collision and brought the remains to Naval Hospital Yokosuka, the Navy said Saturday. The USS Fitzgerald was back at its home port in Yokosuka Naval Base south of Tokyo...
INSIDER ATTACK 2 US soldiers killed after Afghan fighter opens fire

INSIDER ATTACK 2 US soldiers killed after Afghan fighter opens fire

by Fox News DEVELOPING –  Two U.S. soldiers were killed Saturday when an Afghan army solider opened fire on them in eastern Afghanistan, an official said. Attahullah Khogyani, a spokesman for the provincial governor in Nangarhar province, said that two other U.S. soldiers were also wounded in the attack. The Afghan soldier who opened fire was killed after the attack, which took place in the Achin district. White House Deputy Communications Director Raj Shah said President Trump had been informed of the situation. The U.S. military has not commented. Such insider attacks have happened before in Afghanistan. In March, another Afghan soldier was killed after he opened fire on foreign forces at a base in Helmand province, wounding three U.S. soldiers. The Associated Press contributed to this...
Puerto Rico Prepares to Vote on Political Status Amid Crisis

Puerto Rico Prepares to Vote on Political Status Amid Crisis

by Fox News Puerto Rico prepares to vote on political status amid crisis Colorful house facades along a street in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico with a Puerto Rican flag hanging down from one of the balconies  (OGphoto) SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico –  Puerto Rico’s governor is pushing ahead with his top campaign promise of trying to convert the U.S. territory into a state, holding a Sunday referendum to let voters send a message to Congress. His party has launched an aggressive ad campaign urging people to “demand respect” with their vote — to choose statehood so the island can obtain equal treatment from the federal government that some say would ease a 10-year economic recession that has spurred nearly half a million Puerto Ricans to flee to the U.S. mainland. While Puerto Rico is exempt from the U.S. federal income tax, it still pays Social Security and Medicare and local taxes but receives less federal funding than U.S. states. Related: dossier-doubts-remain–comey-refuses-to-answer-questions-on-topic-cites-sensitive-information Statehood supporters and some economists say this unequal treatment has contributed to the island’s deep economic crisis, which was largely driven by heavy borrowing and in part by the elimination of federal tax incentives. Related: todd-starnes–sanders-attacks-trump-pick-over-christian-faith “It’s clear we need to change our course toward a new future,” said Puerto Rico Sen. Carmelo Rios, a member of the governor’s party. “Puerto Rico is at its most critical point in its modern history, where its political-economic model has collapsed, society is in a crisis, the government cannot sustain itself, and we have seen with much pain how our people leave us in search of a better chance of...
UK election: Theresa May to ask queen permission to form government despite losing majority

UK election: Theresa May to ask queen permission to form government despite losing majority

Published June 09, 2017 Fox News British Prime Minister Theresa May will ask the queen Friday to form a government despite her Conservative Party losing majority in Parliament. May’s gamble to call an early election appeared to have backfired and now she will have to seek the support of another party or group of parties to command a majority in the House of Commons. May has no intention of resigning as prime minister, despite calls from Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn to do so, according to Sky News. The Conservatives held 330 seats in Parliament heading into Thursday’s general election. But by early Friday, the party only garnered 318 seats. The party would have needed 326 seats to hold a majority. The Labour Party gained 29 seats in the general election, totaling 261. The Conservatives remain in position to form a coalition government with the help of several Unionist Members of Parliament for North Ireland. However, if coalition negotiations fail, the outcome raises the possibility of the two major parties attempting to form minority governments – an outcome that could lead to a second general-election in the months ahead. “This country needs a period of stability,” May told supporters after she was re-elected to her own seat in the House of Commons on Thursday. “If the Conservative Party has won the most seats, it will be incumbent on us to deliver this period of stability.” Earlier Thursday, Corbyn had called on May to step down, saying that her attempt to seek a big mandate for her government to negotiate the U.K.’s departure from the European Union had ended in “lost...